In the world of online life insurance, finding a site where you can comparison shop for pricing without entering in your contact information and becoming some random company’s lead is hard enough. And now that you’ve found Quotacy and can anonymously run a quote on yourself, how do you know which carrier to apply with? We make the process very easy and intuitive. And you have complete control over it without alerting some pushy salesperson.
Let’s walk through our proven process to guide you to the right carrier. It all begins with you giving the pricing calculator a little information to get an overall look at many carrier pricing tables. All we ask from you is:
1. Zip code. Insurance products vary by state.
2. Gender. Pricing is cheaper for women as they live longer than men.
3. Smoking status. The surgeon general has been saying for years that smoking kills, so if you smoke cigarettes, you’re going to pay more.
4. Your date of birth. We would prefer to just ask age, but many companies use nearest age, which means that if you turn 40 in 2 months, the carrier already considers you over the hill.
Once you have entered in this data, you are shown user friendly pricing sliders that give a range from the lowest cost carrier in the market through the highest standard cost. There are a few instances where the cost is higher than the standard pricing, but this is for a small percentage of consumers. It is here that you can play with sliders to learn about your own pricing for varying amounts of insurance and duration of coverage.
At this point all you have is a range of prices, and it is important to add in some simple health questions to better guestimate the cost to protect your family. This step gets the price right about two thirds of the time. Life insurance has thousands of variables that affect its cost, but these are the 4 most common elements:
1. Height/Weight. This is one of the biggest factors in life insurance pricing.
2. Tobacco Usage. Cigarette usage almost always cause smoking rates, but the occasional cigar, daily Nicorette, pipe or chewing tobacco can be non-smoker rates with some companies.
3. Heart Health. Blood pressure and cholesterol medications are common prescriptions and your readings matter. Luckily, if the condition is under control, some carriers still give you the best rates if you take these medications.
4. Family History. Are you in perfect health and run marathons for fun? Well, even if you are a specimen of health, pricing can be adjusted upwards if your parents and/or siblings have died or have been diagnosed with heart disease, diabetes or cancer while they were younger than age 60 typically.
After inputting this personal health information, you can have some confidence that the pricing shown is close. Here you are offered multiple carriers and their cost with the same ability to play with sliders and adjust your needs to your pocketbook. But the process is not yet complete.
As mentioned earlier, there are thousands of variables that can affect the pricing of a life insurance contract. And so far we have only touched a small number of them. This is where Team Quotacy comes into the equation.
Quotacy incorporates a Pre-Application in our proven process. The Pre-Application is for someone who is serious about purchasing life insurance to protect their loved ones and is ready to begin. You have chosen a carrier and know how much you want to leave your family if something happens to you prematurely. And hopefully this all is within your budget.
The Pre-Application takes about 7 minutes to complete and you are asked a lot of health and lifestyle questions. You also share your contact information here as you are beginning the buying process. The carrier you chose on the front end may not be the right carrier for you though. We take all of your answers and analyze that data before starting the application process with the unique carrier. Quotacy has many tools, underwriting manuals, and a highly qualified underwriter to look over your answers. The more detail you give Quotacy, the better our analysis and guidance.
So if you have had cancer or a heart attack; been diagnosed with diabetes; been convicted of driving under the influence; enjoy mountain climbing or flying airplanes; battled a disease you never heard of until the doctor told you about it; enjoy traveling to exotic dangerous parts of the world; take medication for depression or anxiety; or use a CPAP machine to sleep at night, there most likely is a life insurance policy for you. It is our job to find you the right carrier with the best price before you apply. No point in going through a medical exam and being on the phone for half an hour filling out an application if you haven’t first identified the right company.
We are experts in insurance and we pride ourselves on getting you the best product at the best price. It saves you a lot of time by going through this process on the front end. All we need is the data to do a complete workup for you. Most insurance companies request all your medical records so it is in your best interest to share your medical and lifestyle history with us so that we can underwrite you before the insurance carrier does.
In some instances, blood work comes back that negatively affects pricing, or your doctor asked you to undergo a sleep study that hasn’t been completed yet, etc. Quotacy is sensitive to your price points and if the insurance carrier has underwritten you to a price higher than originally predicted, do not stress. You can adjust the amount of insurance you are buying or the length of the coverage to fit within your budget. Our belief is that some insurance is better than no insurance.
Getting a life insurance policy on yourself to protect your family is an act of love. At Quotacy, we are here to remove as many of the obstacles as possible on the front end so that there is little to no surprise for you after applying with an insurance company. Our proven process has been created to find you the best price with the right life insurance company.
Photo credit to: olarte.ollie