Careers at Quotacy
Quotacy is a fast-growth startup within an established core company. We are seeking an Application Developer to join us. As a member of our team you will work with cutting edge technologies in an innovative, collaborative, and exciting work environment.
For over 25 years, Quotacy’s parent company, Hallett Financial Group has supported financial service professionals, enabling them to effectively meet their clients’ needs through life insurance, disability insurance, and long term care solutions. While Hallett continues as a leading agency in the brokerage world, Quotacy brings their best-in-class experience with affluent clients to a wider audience through our digital direct-to-consumer term life insurance agency.
All of us at Quotacy are proud of who we are and what we do. We have great sense of reward from knowing that the work we do and the products and services we offer make a profound financial impact on our customers’ lives in the event of tragedy.
- Emphasis on innovation with a forward-thinking and growth-focused mentality.
- An atmosphere of work hard, play hard.
- A balance of teamwork and collaboration coupled with individual entrepreneurial spirit.
We are seeking an Application Developer, a mid-level full stack developer, who is motivated to create best-in-class experiences for digital users. Responsibilities will include translation of UI/UX design to code, and front-/back-end updates to new and existing applications. You should have an excellent understanding of the importance of code reuse, file structure, and version control. You should be comfortable collaborating with other developers in a fast-paced environment and will work closely with our marketing team to bring our brand to life.
Additionally, you will develop new, responsive user-facing features, build reusable code and libraries for future use, optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability, and thoroughly test applications for potential bugs and issues.
You need to have:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap.
- Strong understanding of backend development PHP and good understanding of PHP frameworks.
- Proficient understanding of WordPress themes and plugins.
- Good understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, AJAX, JSON and oAuth2.0.
- Proficient understanding of Git and SourceTree.
We’d love to see:
- Good understanding of AngularJS and ReactJS.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Sketch or Photoshop.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
You’ll want to join us if:
- You are excited to be part of a team who is building something new together, yet are comfortable working independently and making decisions.
- You are a self-starter and are self-motivated.
- You want to test new ideas, and help shape the future of this fast-growth company.
What’s in it for you:
We offer excellent health benefits and retirement plan, generous time off, life insurance, AD&D insurance, long term disability, and more for full-time employees. We are a growing company offering career advancement and development opportunities.
Quotacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position: Full Time
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota (Plymouth)